The New York State Chapter of the American Professional Society on the Abuse of Children (APSAC-NY) membership is multidisciplinary, consisting of professionals and leaders in the field of child maltreatment in New York State, including:
- Social Workers
- Law Enforcement Officers
There are two membership opportunities with the American Professional Society on the Abuse of Children. The first opportunity is to join the New York State Chapter (APSAC-NY). You may become an APSAC-NY member without joining the National Organization, the American Professional Society on the Abuse of Children (APSAC). The second opportunity is joining APSAC, which includes your membership to APSAC-NY. The benefits of each membership are listed below, including associated fees.
Membership benefits of belonging to APSAC-NY (Annual fee is $20):
- Reduced/Free admission to APSAC-NY conferences and workshops.
- Access to APSAC-NY publications and resource guides.
- The APSAC-NY Newsletter.
- Opportunity to participate on APSAC-NY committees.
- Certificate of membership.
- Access to APSAC-NY list-serve.
- Access to relevant legislation impacting child maltreatment in New York State.
- Opportunity to network with colleagues and national experts in the field of child maltreatment.
To become a member of APSAC-NY, please click here and complete the form.
To renew your APSAC-NY membership, please click here.
To cancel your membership, please email email@example.com.
Membership benefits of belonging to APSAC (Annual fee ranges from $65-135):
- The APSAC Advisor, a hands-on style, electronic (PDF format) quarterly publication that brings you the latest news in practice, research, legislation, publication, and events in the field of child maltreatment. APSAC’s Online Library features content from the APSAC Advisor.
- Child Maltreatment, the distinguished quarterly peer-reviewed journal designed expressly to bring APSAC members the latest research, policy, and practice information in clear language and immediately usable form (electronic).
- Discounts on APSAC’s National Colloquium, Forensic Interview Clinics, and Institutes.
- A thriving State Chapter network through which members can form vital partnerships with other professionals in their states.
- The opportunity to participate in national task forces, establishing best practice guidelines in many critical areas.
- Access to all APSAC Practice Guidelines (online, PDF format), including Forensic Interviewing in Cases of Suspected Child Abuse, Integrating Prevention Into the Work of Child Maltreatment Professionals, Challenges in the Evaluation of Child Neglect, and more. New Guidelines become available as they are published.
- An interdisciplinary professional network of thousands of colleagues.
- Online web tools, including a Membership Directory, Career Center, and Library.
- Membership fee is used to support State Chapters, as well as National APSAC Colloquium.
- APSAC members will automatically become members of APSAC-NY.
To become a member of APSAC, please click here to be taken to the APSAC Membership Application.
[Note: APSAC membership renewals and cancellations will be handled directly by the National Organization.]