The New York State Chapter of the American Professional Society on the Abuse of Children (APSAC-NY) membership is multidisciplinary, consisting of professionals and leaders in the field of child maltreatment in New York State, including:
- Social Workers
- Law Enforcement Officers
- Government Officials
- Child Protective Service Workers
- Victim Advocates
- Case planners
- Family Support and Family Assessment Workers
Membership benefits of belonging to APSAC-NY (annual fee ranges from $30-195):
- The APSAC Advisor, a hands-on style, electronic (PDF format) quarterly publication that brings you the latest news in practice, research, legislation, publication, and events in the field of child maltreatment.
- The APSAC Alert, an electronic (PDF format) quarterly publication designed to enhance the ability of professionals to respond to children and their families affected by abuse and violence.
- Child Maltreatment, the distinguished quarterly peer-reviewed journal designed expressly to bring APSAC members the latest research, policy, and practice information in clear language and immediately usable form (electronic format free, printed copy for a fee).
- Online access to the Trauma Violence and Abuse Journal, a quarterly peer-reviewed journal devoted to organizing, synthesizing, and expanding knowledge on all forms of trauma, abuse, and violence.
- Discounts on APSAC’s National Colloquium, Forensic Interview Clinics, and Advanced Training Institutes.
- A thriving State Chapter network through which members can form vital partnerships with other professionals in their states.
- The opportunity to participate in national task forces, establishing best practice guidelines in many critical areas.
- Access to all APSAC Practice Guidelines (online, PDF format), including Forensic Interviewing in Cases of Suspected Child Abuse, Integrating Prevention Into the Work of Child Maltreatment Professionals, Challenges in the Evaluation of Child Neglect, and more.
- An interdisciplinary professional network of thousands of colleagues.
- Online web tools, including a Membership Directory, Career Center, and resource library.
- Automatic membership to APSAC-NY which includes: reduced/free admission to APSAC-NY conferences and workshops; access to APSAC-NY publications and resource guides; opportunity to participate on APSAC-NY committees; certificate of membership; access to APSAC-NY listserve; access to APSAC-NY message board; access to relevant legislation impacting child maltreatment in New York State; and opportunity to network with colleagues and national experts in the field of child maltreatment.
To become a member of APSAC, please click here to be taken to the APSAC Membership Application. All membership renewals and cancellations will be handled directly by the National Organization.
[Note: If you were previously a member of the State Chapter only and do not wish to join the National Organization, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to renew or cancel your membership]